S U R P R I S E... I Wrote a Blog Post About Goals
Reporting live to you from the goal setting sweat shop that is my nook of a bedroom… Currently I am fulfilling two of my January goals as I write this blog post.
Goal 1: write this blog post. #totesgotthis
Goal 2: Go through ALL of my clothing and toss what does not bring me joy.
What does this mean? I literally piled all of my clothing into a huge mound on the floor. I then sat next to said pile and picked up each item into my hands and asked, “Does this bring me joy?”- If the answer was no or maybe (which is basically a no), the item was tossed. Not going to lie, I almost lost it when I realized how attached I was to a white Abercrombie vneck from circa 2007. Time to grow up and get out of the pit-stained tee, Shenky.
Four bags of clothes later, I felt pretty satisfied with myself. Some will be sold but most of them will hopefully go to a better home and this makes me quite pleased. It is rather nice to start out a new year with a cleared closet and even though my adventure sucked (big time) I would definitely recommend it. Side note: When it came time for me to pile all of my clothes into the mound, I got super intense about it and I probably got a little dramatic. But I couldn’t stop. Even my roommates felt the intensity.
New goals are fun but I also wanted to take this blog post to talk about my 2014 goals and where I stand with what I said I wanted to accomplish in the Vision and Goals section of my blog.
· I am happy to say that my writing will be featured on two other blogs before the end of January! I had this set for December 2014 and I probably could have hit that mark but I was happy to wait until the end of January to accomplish it. Look to social media for the links.
· A plan for paying off my student loan debt is in the works. I would rather not continue to accrue interest whilst in grad school.
· I am seriously SO CLOSE to the splits. I know I will have them in the next few months and I am sure I will blog about it when I do get them because it will be such a momentous occasion for me (and my hamstrings).
· My GPA was pretty stellar this semester, not gonna lie. That whole “Have a respectable GPA without killing myself” was harder than I thought it would be. However, my hard work paid off and I am excited for what I will accomplish in the coming semester of schoolwork.
I am giving you an update on my goals because I want to stay honest with you and keep you in the know about my failures, missed opportunities, and wins. I want to encourage you to consider setting goals. There are three things that help me when I am working towards greatness, I try to keep it simple and stick to these three.
1. Write out a clear vision. Think about where you see yourself and how you see yourself when you have accomplished a certain goal.
2. WRITE OUT YOUR GOALS. I can’t say this enough. Write your goals down and keep them in a visible spot.
3. Ask for accountability. (From people you trust #duh)
I know goal setting isn’t for everyone.. However, if you are going to do anything, I would encourage you to write down what you want. It can certainly have an effect on you, I know from experience that it has had an effect on me.
Happy writing and let me know if you have any questions.
p.s. More outfits like this in 2015 please.